Thursday, September 15, 2005

Look straight ahead....

Why is that so hard for a 3 1/2 year old? When I was fixing Meg's hair this morning, I told her to look straight ahead so I could see. Well, she didn't want to. Needless to say, it finally resulted in a pop on the leg, then a blood-curdling scream. (No wonder I'm losing my hearing!)

I'm not sure how to handle these little situations sometimes.

Megan has sort of been like my little guinea pig when it comes to child-rearing. I've got the baby care down pat--taking care of Zoe seems like second nature. But each day Megan throws me for a loop. I guess that's how all firstborn children are. Doesn't seem fair to Meg.

I can't help but look straight ahead (forward) to the day when Megan can be reasoned with more effectively. Sometimes I don't want her to grow up so fast, though. She came to me this morning and said, "Mommy, I have to tell you sumpin (something)." She said, "Those people on the TV don't have any homes because the storm knocked them all down. They'll have to get new homes." She's so observant and smart. I can't believe how much she can already understand.

Took a great morning walk today. Ran into a good friend and her cute little auburn-haired boy, and they joined me for my walk. We took a new route, and it was lovely. I'm glad I beat the rain that's coming soon.

When I got back home, a tragedy occurred. My 8 Minute Abs videotape gave out. I still did my crunches from memory. May have gotten one or two moves out of sync, and maybe the times didn't match up, but I felt it, so it must have been a bit effective.

I think I'm through with my morning ramblings. If you made it this far, God bless your heart. You must have been bored!

No comments: