Friday, January 23, 2009

Enjoying Where You Are...

On the Way to Where You Are Going is a book by Joyce Meyer that I've been picking at for several monoths now. I haven't read an entire book for years :) This week, I've felt the need to get back into this one.

I was lucky enough to be able to read some at Meg's Upward practice last night, and I think I'll make that a habit. A nice hour just to read and refresh. Ahhh!

Don't we all need some refreshing from time to time? It's been a trying few weeks with several stressful situations. One of the ways I can tell I'm saved is when life gets crazy, I feel the need to get closer to my Rock.

Several Bible verses in this book have really fed my soul this week, but I'll share one of them from this morning:
"You will show me the path of life, in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

Joyce Meyer says we can't keep saying we believe in God's promises if we walk around depressed all the time, worrying about our problems. We need to hand it over to him and let His joy shine through the tough times. Laugh, smile, and have fun as often as you can! And don't feel guilty about it! Just because a tough situation is upon you, doesn't mean you have to shut down and not enjoy anything in life. Get away from the problem for a while and have fun, however you need to do that.

I think I'm preaching to myself more than anyone, but y'all can take that advice too! Hope you all have some fun today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you're not preaching just to yourself. I constantly find myself complaining about my life--especially on Twitter or the blog. Its usually in the form of some craziness of my kids. Most of the time those are funny but still--it feels like complaining. I love that verse. I need to commit those things to memory. Thanks for the uplift!