Sunday, December 21, 2008

Twas the weekend before Christmas

And all through my house....3 kids are stirring and the place is a wreck. Hmmm, doesn't rhyme. Oh well. Here's my weekend in review for your reading pleasure.

Yep, my house is a wreck and I'm really glad I don't have to host any dinners or parties or anything like that. I honestly don't know when I'll get the time to actually clean. I haven't wrapped anything yet, and I still have 3 recipes to make. Gift baskets to get together. A few more homemade gifts to make.

Oh, and the laundry to catch up so I can pack our bags to travel on Christmas Day. And the "three" take so much of my time and energy, it's hard to fit anything extra in the day.

I finally finished up some forgotten gifts at Wal-Mart this afternoon. Thought I was going to be ran over. That place was packed!

The stuff's still in the car and we just finished some delivered pizza. But I'm taking "Maggie's" advice and I'm sitting down drinking some hot tea and blogging for a little rest. Then it's off to laundry and carrying in groceries.

The weekend's been good, really, though busy. Last night, we took advantage of "Parents' Night Out" and left all 3 kids at the church with the teenagers and raced off to O'boro to use a restaurant gift card we received. We were not more than 5 minutes from the promised land when my cell phone rang. Zach was screaming his head off and they couldn't calm him. So, back we went, plopped him in the car and it wasn't long at all before he had snubbed himself to sleep. When we finally made it to Olive Garden, he was happy as could be. We enjoyed a rather quick dinner, but at least he was happy and ultra-cute during dinner. He does this cute little thing where he snurls up his nose and blows out of it. It's so funny. The kid better be glad he's cute--that's all I can say! :)

Then this morning at church, Zach and I were blessed to play Mary and baby Jesus for an interpretive dance. No, we didn't dance. Are you kidding? I'm as graceful as a drunk rhinoceros. We sat in the center of the stage as Melanie B. danced around us. Zach did really well. I think he was a little freaked out by the bright lights and dancing but at least he wasn't fussy. That's the first time I've been Mary. I've been an angel and a boy in previous Christmas productions, so I guess I'll add that to my resume :)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You both did a great job. I really liked how the AV team put the shot of you guys and Melanie over top of each other. Now you've had two of your three kids be the stars of a Christmas program.

Mysti said...

Actually, Zoe was also baby Jesus for an Easter production, I believe. She was a small baby then, so no one could tell the difference :)