Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yes, Mr. Pit?

Mr. Pit is calling me again. You might know him. He's the Pit of self-doubt, depression, and self-pity. If you've been around him, you know how ugly he makes you feel. I've spent many hours in his presence over the years, feeling mighty bad and low about myself, shutting out people and activities to bask in his lowness.

But you know what? I think I'll let the answering machine pick up the call this time, because I just don't feel like talking to him today. I'm enjoying being wife, mom, friend, and child of God too much right now. I might speak to him briefly from time to time, but I'll tell him I'm just too busy to visit right now. He'll have to call back later :)

9 comments:

Susan said...

You go girl!! I've talked to him too many times myself and I'm tired of it too. He will just have to get behind us!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I have a long standing relationship with Mr. Pit. I've tried breaking it off several times, but he keeps luring me back and I always go. He's very clever with his disguises, so it's hard to recognize him at first. I am all for having him thrown out of the country!!!

Anonymous said...

I get the same darn calls this week! It's like a harrassing telemarkers. I'm even getting cruddy dreams to go with it to disturb my very sleep. Out with the fool! I got up for a quiet time and quiet with the Lord instead today. I need the word afresh!

Mysti said...

Yep, he always calls when you're eating or asleep too :)

I think you've got the right idea with getting into the Word. I have not been into it enough in several months. I'm feeling the need to look for a new, fresh devotional to pick me up in the mornings.

Susan said...

Here's a very good book for this issue......Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. You can also buy it on iTunes if you want to listen to it.

Theresa said...

You just tell him to leave you alone you're awesome and he shouldn't even have your number!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, don't I know what you're talking about! This week has been exceptionally difficult with some family problems we are dealing with. I have been so stressed and depressed! I'm ready to get out of this pit!

Anonymous said...

He tags along when I'm clothes shopping. How I wish I would could not pick up that phone call.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you've had Mr. Pit harassing you! I really think that being a woman is so difficult, we are all so prone to the lies and deceptions of feeling different, left out, unworthy. It just stinks because those are all lies!

Praying for you and glad you didn't pick up the phone! Looking forward to our steering meeting this Saturday!