Thursday, May 10, 2007

The health guru rides again!

I'm bouncing back from my spring cold spell hibernation finally and I'm into my "health guru" attitude just the slightest bit again. We're leaving for Florida the last week of this month and I'm determined to be able to fit into all the clothes I bought for the trip last year, including *gasp* my bikini!

So, this morning, went for an official walk around the neighborhood, pushing Zoe happily along. She was anticipating it more than I was--"Mommy, walk now, pweash!!" before we left. I filled her a little sippy of ice water and put my own in Megan's Care Bear straw cup. I really need some adult water cups around here. Great walk, up and down hills, seeing cats and neighbors, hearing dogs and lawn mowers. Got back for 8 minute abs and some arm toners with my little weights. If I can get a few more days like that in, I'll surely be able to squeeze into those capris I bought last year.

What are your fitness plans for the summer? Anything that involves moving enough to break a sweat counts. I also want to remind everyone--especially those full-time mamas like me with kids out of school for the summer--eat breakfast!! Yes, very tempting to sleep in til 10 or so, then go straight for lunch, and a few days of that is fine. But you'll mess up your metabolism and circadian rhythm if you do that all summer. My breakfast of choice: 1 cup Kashi Go-Lean cereal with 1 cup skim milk and a glass of OJ.

There, my "health guru" rant of the month is now concluding. Just a few more gentle reminders before I depart: drink your water and use sunscreen! Your skin and body will be glad you did!

No comments: