Monday, April 16, 2007

He makes all things new...

I miss spring break. It was over all too soon. We all slept in until 9 on Friday and Saturday. Today it's back to the old grind. Pondering today about the cold snap that made the entire spring break week cold and bleak. I lost my blueberry blossoms. Every one of them is brown and dried up. Even their lovely bright green new leaves are shriveled up and black. The prices of orange juice and milk and many other things is going up in the stores due to the cold weather. Even worse news...marriages in our church and family ending and one of my best friends just had a miscarriage. I hurt for her. I hurt for the families torn by divorce. I hurt for winter's cold grasp not only on our crops, but our lives.

I'm choosing to bask in the leftover Easter glow, the reality of knowing that Jesus makes all things new. He is able to renew our spirits when we can't pick ourselves up, when we can't shake off the cold.

Thank you, Lord, for your hope, your strength, your endless goodness and mercy. Bless this spring with the warmth of your love. Send it down to us to heal our spirits and wounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! I have to keep telling myself, every morning, that this is a new day, new grace, new mercies, new favor. He tells us to let old things pass away and to leave room for new things to come. I think that is a daily spiritual truth; not just regarding specific circumstances. I pray that God fills you with His peace and comfort and strengthens each of our understanding of the truth that He is God and He is in control. Stay so very blessed and encouraged in the Lord, Sister!