Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday--Misty's Challenge

*Blogger is not good with formatting paragraphs. Sorry for the run-on posts. It won't acknowlege my spaces sometimes. I'll have to use lines until I figure out a better solution.
___________________________________________________________
Don't Worry
First of all, I've gotten behind on my blog this last week. It happens--get used to it :) So, back to bloggity thoughts this week. "Don't worry!"-- I think that's one of the last things my hubby said to me as he left this morning.
_________________________________________________________________
I'm going to divulge a little thing to you all now. Bryan and I are trying for number 3. Of course, hoping for a boy, but primarily a healthy child, and next primarily...just ONE, and we hope that ONE, healthy babe is a boy. We were not lucky to succeed last month, and I was hoping to blog some good news, but I decided to just go ahead and get it out there. We are trying to conceive or TTC, as it is commonly referred to. And I can't help but worry.
_________________________________________________________________
So, that is my challenge of the week. Not to worry about if I can or when I'll get pregnant--or to worry about anything really. It doesn't do any good to worry about stuff, and Jesus told us that, right? Worry can even be harmful to our health. Stress is not good for the mind or body. I've heard it said, "Let go, and let God". I think that means give your worries to God. Do actively what you can and let God do the rest.
_________________________________________________________________
Last month, I about drove myself crazy looking for "symptoms", taking temps, using ovulation predictor kits, etc. I am going to try harder not to do that this time. It's just different this time though. We're trying the "Shettles" method for conceiving a boy, which means we need to time the "attempt" as close to ovulation as possible (among other things which I will not discuss, ha ha). So that means for the first time, I've been charting my cycle with basal body temperature and other factors for about 4 months now. The last 2 cycles I've also used ovulation predictor kits that are supposed to detect the level of LH (luteinizing hormone) in your urine, and a positive result means you will probably ovulate within 24-48 hours.
________________________________________________________________
What worried me is that I have not been lucky enough to even get a positive result with one of those things, so I'm worried I'm not ovulating. All other signs would indicate otherwise. Now, the ironic part is that we did none of those things with our first two babies and we got lucky the first month both times! So I'm being all scientific about it this time around, and it's not as easy.
________________________________________________________________
So there we go--my worries are out there on the table. I've gotten them off my chest, and now I'm letting God do his thing. I'm going to keep busy with my winter DVD burning project and my other chores and enjoy this thing. Trying for a baby shouldn't be a bad thing, right? It's a good chapter in life and I'm glad to share it here. Also, any "advice" would be welcome, especially if you have used any of that stuff I mentioned earlier. :)

6 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sorry I can't offer any advise. We really didn't 'plan' any of our kids. No. 3, the one that babysat for you last Friday, was conceive while on birth control......go figure!!!

Mysti said...

That's funny! I was a birth control baby too. My mom called me a "surprise" :) She did a great job babysitting, by the way. Thanks for sending her over!

Susan said...

You're welcome! Call anytime....I won't promise either one will be available but it won't hurt to check! She enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I am the worlds worst. I worry about worrying :) Gotta love me!!

Anonymous said...

It can take a few months off the pill to begin ovulatating regularly again I've heard.

Also, don't try to diet and lose a lot of body fat...just maintain.

If the body is losing a lot of fat stores, it can cause some women to stop ovulating...sort of a protective measure.


Have Fun! And here's to a healthy baby, and hopefully, a boy!

Mysti said...

Keeping "Buddy" here has prepared us a little for having a boy. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do with one :)

Cheryl, you do indeed worry too much. Just settle! :)

Maggie--I'm not dieting. I'm trying to maintain. I did manage 3 days of exercise last week, but not too intense. I've still got some nice fat rolls insulating me for the winter :D I just made a batch of more brownies too to help me ummm....maintain ;)