Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday's Faves and Flops


Today's faves and flops comes from a discussion on another blog that I have been perusing and participating in. I'll keep it short and sweet today.

Diana is a very sweet young woman in India who accepted Christ about a year ago. She is a person of superb faith and wisdom for one so young. She began this intersting discussion the other day and many people have responded of different faiths and it has remained polite and thoughtful. I'm happy to have joined in a conversation about faith that does not hurt or offend. Take a gander at it.
Wednesday's Flop: People who fight about religion
Why do it? What's the point? There is so much fighting between people of different faiths, and too much between people of the SAME faith. I would grant there are no two people on the earth that believe the EXACT same things. And guess what? I don't think God will be concerned with religion in Heaven! No denominations there, no doctrine, no legalism. My own faith and beliefs tell me that those who believe in Jesus as God's son and accept him as Savior will be there, not just Baptists or Catholics or Pentecostals.

And you know something else? Some people don't believe in God. Or believe in OTHER gods. Of course I wish they would believe in Jesus, but judging them, bashing them, or hashing out your differences with them is not the way to go. You have to accept people the way they are. LIVE out your faith as an example. Don't yell it out. Jesus was the most accepting person in the Bible. He didn't condone sin, but corrected with love. He invited people to follow him gently and with open arms. Let's learn from His example and stand firm behind our beliefs but accept and treat with respect those who think differently. It can be interesting to learn from other cultures and religions. Look on the bright side and remember my mantra: "Don't fight about politics, religion, or love!"

4 comments:

Joan said...

Talk about scuba gear.

Whew.

I think you only need it to try to read other people's deep thoughts!

Where'd you buy yours again?

Mysti said...

In Jack Handey's "Deep Thought's" store :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. No sense in fighting. Just be an example. I had a class one time with a guy named Momadue from Africa. He was I believe of the muslim faith. It was so interesting to talk to him and listen to what he had to say abou it. Do I believe in it....no way, but did I look at him and tell him that......no, I listened and enjoyed learning something new. I don't agree with all religions but that is their choice and all i can be is an example. Let me little light shine..........I won't let that bush hide it!!! Sorry I know I am ramble I am very tired with getting ready for finals!!! I need prayers.

Mysti said...

Praying for you to have some peace during your finals. I've been there girl. Just breathe....one thing at a time...and get some sleep!